The Earls Hall Veterinary Group is a RCVS accredited Practice.
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme aims to promote the highest standards of veterinary care and regularly holds inspections for the practices allied with the scheme to ensure these standards are maintained.
A Small Animal Hospital must meet all the core standards and general practice standards in addition to specific hospital standards to become an accredited Practice. These standards include:-
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD). All staff have to undertake further training to increase their knowledge, skills and develop their professional performance standards.
- 24 hours emergency cover must be in place for all animals under our care.
- An excellent level of hygiene is needed to minimise the risk of infection. Practices must be clean and well maintained.
- Efficient and accurate patient records are to be maintained and remain confidential.
- In patient facilities must be sufficient for the size of the practice, secure and of good condition. The practice must provide adequate nursing staff for the care of in-patients.
- Diagnostic equipment must be well maintained and good quality images must be produced for the full range of patients treated. Health and safety must be strictly adhered to and personal safety monitored.
- Laboratory procedures must be undertaken by a suitably trained member of staff in a clean purpose built area.
- Medicines must be stored correctly in a clean and tidy area. Appropriate records must be maintained according to current legislation. Stock must be well rotated and dispensed fully labeled with suitable instructions to the pet owner.
- The practice must strictly adhere to current Health & Safety regulations to ensure the safety of all staff, visitors and animals.
It gives us great pride in the knowledge that we are an accredited practice and we strive to maintain our professional attitude and service towards the care of our patients, clients and staff.